A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Monday, May 19, 2008

Pikelets with no eggs or milk!

I have just discovered that you can make pikelets with no eggs and no milk! It's amazing what you learn when the circumstances are right. I made these a little differently because I thought they might be bland without eggs and milk. I used self raising flour and when I ran out of that I used plain flour with baking powder, plus some sugar and enough water to make a batter. The first lot I added the last of the cocoa and the second lot I added a teaspoon or so of vanilla and some choc chips. They turned out great and you wouldn't even know the difference. Yum!

Note: I tried these later with wholemeal flour because I ran out of white flour and they tasted horrible.

2 comments:

kelly said...

hello
i agree with everything you say.I love children and the more homes that are good that they go to the better.I too will have 5 next March.two at school and 3 at home.a 3 yr old 1 yr old and 0 yr old but i love it.I have a question how do you manage to homeschool could you tell me how you manage as i too try my best to organise and its great but all the tips i can have is great.My email address is:kwaterson001@yahoo.com
Thank you
Kelly Waterson

kari said...

That sounds awesome. Going to try them in 5minutes :)