A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Homeward Bound





Well it's official. We are moving back to Victoria. We don't know quite when but probably in the next 2 months. I'm so excited that I'm prepared to get rid of just about everything and start totally afresh when we get down there.

It's quite amazing the way God works. A friend of ours was looking at buying a rental property a few months ago and asked if we were considering moving down, they would like to rent it to us. But at the time we weren't interested in moving down. Since then our circumstances have changed dramatically and after several months of practically no income last week we started talking about what was keeping us up here and how much easier it would be surrounded by the network of family and friends we had built up over the last 11 years. We still didn't feel that it was really an option to move back down but still looked into how much it would cost.

The cost of moving interstate again was quite horrendous and discouraged me totally but then we were talking to these friends again and they used to be removalists and can help us move down for way less than we could on our own, plus they're still looking at buying a rental property and still want to rent to us, so we'll have a place to live and won't have to go through all the hoops that we went through up here to rent a house (for some reason all homeowners think large families are feral).

While I will be sad to leave the friends that I've made up here I'm quite excited to be going 'home' again and so are the children. They had some really close buddies that have been missing them so much and can't wait to have them home again. Daniel's little friends cries everytime he sees Dan or talks to him on the phone. I still believe that God brought us up here for a reason but I knew that it was only going to be a season (I just wasn't sure how long that season was going to be). We have grown so much as individuals, as a couple and as a family. Starting our homeschool journey in a new state probably made it easier not to quit when troubles came up, going through the miscarriage and realising that my faith in God was just as strong as ever and that's just for starters. Now we have another beautiful baby girl that I just can't wait to show off, in real life, to everyone, instead of emailing photos every week or using the webcam.

Tim has lots of work coming up in Victoria, on top of his Web Design work, so you can see that it really looks like we're meant to be back home. As I said, it's so amazing the way God directs our lives.

I'm also posting some photos of baby Rose. It's about time I managed to capture her beautiful smile.

1 comment:

myheartsathome said...

well I will be sad to see you go! But I hope it all works out for the best for you guys!

Sounds like you have some good friends!