A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

I have to tell this funny story. Yesterday Daniel (7) came up to me and within Tim's earshot told me that he didn't talk to his dad as much as he talks to me as he doesn't love his dad as much as he loves me. Poor boy shouldn't have said it where his dad could hear it as he won't let Daniel live that down. He does the funniest things, that boy, and makes me laugh so much sometimes.

Well, even though Tim'll be paying out on the child for the rest of his life, at least we can see that Daniel needs to spend some more time with his dad. They had some good bonding time last night, play fighting with Thing and Hulk hands. I might get Dan to read to his dad sometimes as well.

We aren't doing any formal school work at the moment. We may be moving sooner than we thought so I need to get cracking with the packing. I'm a poet and didn't know it. Anyway the kids loved it when I packed there books yesterday, I'm writing 'school books' on the box so it will be one of the first ones unpacked. The walls are looking bare as I take down the posters and I've managed to pick 5 boxes worth of books to give away (and I haven't even gone through the children's books yet. For the people who know me you know how hard it is for me to get rid of books, the last time I thought I need to cull some books I only found 2 that I was prepared to part with. But I'm trying to be really ruthless and trusting that if I ever want to read these books again I'll be in a position to buy them again. During the packing I found some of my favourite books that I thought I must have lost, my favourite poetry book by A.A. Milne 'When We Were Very Young' and our Tom Clancy Novels. I was so happy. It's worth parting with 5 boxed of books that I haven't read or won't read again to find a handful of ones that are much loved.

No comments: