A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Midnight Ramblings

I'm going to be sad to leave my veggie garden. After all this time I finally have one and I'm going to have to leave it behind. At least I've had a clothes line the whole time we've been here, mind you these last few weeks it's rained so much I haven't had a chance to use it. The last house we rented didn't have a clothes line until the last month we were living there. I've always liked using a dryer but when you have no choice in the matter it changes your feelings. I now use my dryer sparingly, well more sparingly than I used to. That's one thing I haven't made sure of.... that the new house has a clothes line.

At least it's fully fenced. The last three houses we've lived in didn't have a side fence! We've ended up buying star pickets and chicken wire to block the side off and stop little ones from escaping. But think of the vegetable garden I can have on one and a half acres, plus chickens and a dog. I've always said no dogs, mainly because Tim wants a big one and I have enough children to look after without a big dog, but we're getting a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (if that's how you spell it). That'll be an experience, I'm not really a dog person so we'll see how it goes. I'm really looking forward to the chickens though. During normal times we go through about 3 dozen eggs in a fortnight. It'll be nice to have some fresh one's from animals that you know are looked after properly and fed the right stuff. I think I'll be so excited that I probably won't even let the kids collect the eggs, and being on an acre and a half I might even be able to have a rooster, so have baby chickens.

So you can see that we're praying hard that everything works out well and that we get this house. The kids are really excited and are even prepared to get rid of some of their junk. It's about time too.

No comments: