A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Thursday, June 5, 2008

On Men (particularly my husband)

I believe I have some serious spiritual issues with men, because my dad walked out on us when I was something like 5 years old. I'm constantly amazed that I actually found someone I trusted enough to marry. (Actually I don't think I really trusted him until we'd been married a few years, but once I said yes I couldn't go back on my word :) ) I look around at my friends husbands and wonder what they see in the guy. I may get on with them and perhaps even be friends with them, but marry? I was extremely blessed by the fact that my mum ended up remarrying when I was 12 and the man brought me up just as he would his own daughter.

I've been thinking about my dh. I think he's a really nice guy. Not so good on the housework side of things, but very caring and a great dad. We've got six kids and he's not afraid to take all five of the older one's out all by himself. Because of his outward demeanor most people, especially employers, think he doesn't care. He has a really dry sense of humour that even after 10 years of marriage I couldn't tell if he was joking or not (I'm not so easy to trick now), but I think that carefree demeanor is covering the fact that he cares too much.

And to top it all off God has given me four great boys.

4 comments:

Timbothecat said...

How dare you. I AM A HOUSEWORK GOD!!!

Look at the facts and you'll see what I mean. God gets people to do his work here on earth. I get people to do my work around the house.

God is loving, benevolent and gracious. I'm... well, I get people to do my work for me.

I'm sure you can see the rest for yourself.

Becca said...

You mean I get other people to do the housework for you. Get it right, next time. If you want to make up stuff get your own blog!

Timbothecat said...

Would you like me to build you a website to go with your blog? Or would you rather point and click one of those too?!! ;-)

Becca said...

I'm sure that if I wanted a website I could build my own one. My husband has a few css books that I can read:)