A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Another Update

Well everything is in full swing here. We've started booking things and with selling the Kia Carnival (which wasn't working) we'll now have enough money to do the move. We still don't have a house but Tim's Aunty has kindly offered her home to us or Tim's brother has offered his tent. Also some family members have offered to have some of the kids for a while. What we're doing is hiring a truck for the day and moving all our stuff into storage up here, where it's cheaper, and hiring an enclosed trailer to take what we really need down with us. Neither of us have ever driven with a trailer on the car so it'll be a really interesting experience. I can still have cleaners come and clean the house, I'm so glad because this house is just too huge for me to clean on my own, even with the kids helping I don't think we could do a good enough job, and the cleaners have offered us a really good deal on steam cleaning the carpets if they do both.

I've had window shopping withdrawals lately because with the cost of fuel I've only been making trips that were absolutely necessary. But on Sunday I did get to go to Kmart. I only got to look at the toys because I took Daniel to pick out something for his birthday and I wanted to get a part of Christians birthday present. Christian's birthday is 2 days after Christmas so I have to think of it now or else I'd be buying it at the same time I'm trying to buy Christmas presents and I probably wouldn't have as much to spend at that time. I know that it's probably not a good time to buy stuff right before we move but by the time we get down to Victoria the toy sale will be over and at the moment the items I wanted are half price. I'm hanging out to go to Fantastic Furniture though. I don't get their catalogue and it's not quite the same looking at the catalogue online. I'm one of those people who is able to get enjoyment from reading junk mail and planning what I would like to get in the future, it's not often I look and get upset that I can't get the stuff I want now. But Fantastic Furniture is on the other side of Maitland, about 25 mins away so I haven't been able to. Maybe when we go down to Victoria as I'm going to have to buy a new bed. I'm still getting rid of this bed so that I can get a new one. I've been waiting for a new one for 7 years and I'm finally going to get it. And I also need to replace the furniture I've given away as we're not going to be able to use the furniture we were going to when we were going to live in that house. I'll enjoy making a list of furniture to replace and then finding out how much it'll cost and then budgeting it. I know I'm sick but it's a little bit of order in this chaotic life.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Hello Bec, It is great to hear that everything is coming together. I wish I could be there to help you! We are praying hard and racking our brains trying to work things out for you down here. We love you all heaps!!
Mum