A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Saturday, October 4, 2008

At last a Home!

Yesterday we found out that our application for a house has been approved. It is a five bedroom house about half an hour away from where we are now. It's in a new estate but there's a park around the corner for the kids to go and play at. We'll be moving in on Thursday, it looks like, so I'll take photos then and upload them for everyone to see. We took the kids out there last night to have a look at. It has wooden venetian blinds, so no verticals, yay! They were shut so we couldn't look in the window and the yard really is enclosed with the garage going all the way to the fence and a small fence on the other side so we couldn't go into the back. They've put in a cute little cottagey garden out the front. There's not a lot of front yard, but that doesn't bother me, it means they've put the house further forward on the block so we have some back yard. That also means that we'll have room for the trampoline that my mum and dad are buying the family for Christmas this year.

I am not very organised for Christmas, because of the whole housing and income situation, but Kmart has a sale on and I laybyed a trampoline for the whole family, one with the mesh around it, and also a scooter for Daniel and a bike for Kahlia, plus I will be getting a bike, hopefully, I put a trailer on layby, one that you can put two children in. I plan on getting a little bit fitter next year and would like for us, as a family, to go bike riding together. It's getting harder and harder to know what to get the kids for Christmas. I don't like getting them random toys, because they get played with for a few weeks and then the kids forget about them. I'm thinking of getting Josiah and Elijah a Nintendo DS each and they can give their gameboys to Kahlia and Christian. It just depends how things go over the next couple of weeks, DS's are a bit expensive, and I still haven't even thought of Rose. Christian's covered, both for Christmas and his birthday, 2 days later. He's still Thomas mad so I've got him lots of Thomas stuff.

I was starting to think we'd still be here for Christmas. I'll be so good to have it in our new house.

No comments: