A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Monday, January 12, 2009

Homemade Bear


The Vintage Rose made a comment about wishing the icing bears were material so they wouldn't be eaten which made me think about the bear I sewed myself. So I'm posting a couple of pictures of him. I call him a he because even though he is pink he still looks like a boy. I hand sewed him quite a few years ago. I really wanted the experience of making my own bear but didn't have a sewing machine at the time. He turned out pretty well, I think, except for his hunched back. I also like embroidering flowers so I embroidered some flowers with a little bible reference on his foot. The poor thing is a little worse for wear now because at one stage I let the kids play with him for a while. I don't know that I'll be doing that again, unless I make a bear specifically for them to play with. I haven't made any other bears since, or should I say I haven't completed any, as I have two cut out. One the same as my one, I used pink dressing gown material, with the inside out, and the other out of calico which I had started embroidering flowers on each panel. I have two sewing machines now so I really should finish making those two, the problem is that I borrowed the book from my mother in law and now I don't remember what the bears name was so I don't have the exact instructions of how to put him together. Oh, well. That's what I get for only doing half a job.

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

You are welcome to borrow the book again Bec, hardly should the 'vintage Rose' come between you and the completion of such enjoyment. LOL

daisymum7 said...

Becca I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and for wnating to be kept up to date with it. Your Rose is gorgeous it is such a lovely age, and those bears are seriously CUTE!!! I look forward to visiting you often to see what you are up to.

daisymum

The Vintage Rose said...

Oh Becca s/he's so gorgeous, and to think he's somewhat or mainly handsewn. I have always wanted to make a bear, someday. Looking forward to seeing those other 2 when you get to them. Have a great weekend!