A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Birthday Cake

Just a quick post before I go and get the house ready for visitors. I have finished my birthday cake and I love it. I have to say that I did a good job for my first cake with my own flowers. The flowers took ages, I started before Rose's birthday, which is almost a month ago. The cake itself didn't take that long, I made the cake on the weekend and froze it until yesterday, when I iced it. I'm still getting use to the roll out icing and I rolled it out too thin so it dried out too quickly and broke when I lifted it onto the cake but that's what learning's all about. I find that my marble lazy susan is coming in so handy now, when I hardly ever used it before.





6 comments:

The Vintage Rose said...

Bec it looks fantastic! Hope you have a lovely birthday with family and friends.

Rosemary said...

It tasted great too...

Timbothecat said...

I'm so proud of you baby. You did an awesome job.

Crafted Customisations said...

Hi Becca. I was speaking to Delcie/The Vintage Rose the other day and I realised who you are!! Your Amy Henderson's sister. I'm Joelene. I use to go to church with her. Anyway, your cakes are absolutely incredible! I did a little bit of cake decorating but haven't practiced it enough to get as good as you. And to home school six kids!! Wow! You must be so busy!

Becca said...

Hi Joelene. I wouldn't say I've practiced much, this is only my second cake using the roll-out icing and my second tiered cake, which reminds me, I should post the photos of one of Kahlia's cakes I made a few years ago. But I digress. To get that many flowers made for my cake I had to work for a month because the best time for me to make them is for a few hours after the kids go to bed.

Ruth said...

Looks fantastic! Well done :)