A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Monday, March 9, 2009

Latest Creation




I made this cake yesterday. The photos didn't turn out the best because some parts of the cake were a bit wet from trying to get rid of  the icing sugar patches. My pastry brush holds too much water, even when I dry it on a tea towel. I'm also not liking the premade roll out icing, I'm finding it too sticky, yet dry at the same time. I'm going to try making my own this week and see if I like that consistency better.



Christian attacked this cake while I was letting it cool and the bench and had ducked up to the shop for something, that's why there's that big bit cut out of the front. I'm thinking of getting some kind of pantry like cupboard to store my cakes in because our kitchen is one of those modern minuscule ones and nowhere is safe from my son. Maybe a top shelf will be safe.

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

The kid's must be loving morning tea time at your place Bec! You could always lock Christian up in the trampoline!!! He would love that!! ;-)

Timbothecat said...

Mum, locking your child up in a trampoline might have been considered a good parenting technique in the 70's, but today it is wrongly considered child abuse. ;-)

Rosemary said...

Ah, Tim, that would not be abusive to Christian! He loves the trampoline so much you would have to pry him off it!!!

Becca said...

I will have to buy a cupboard just for my cake decorating, hopefully he will have enough self control not to go climbing into it.