A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More Teddy Bears

I've been very busy the last couple of days. I made some patty cakes and iced them with some buttercream and then made little swirls with royals icing (I think my royal icing was too thick as my hand started hurting, trying to push it out. ), they didn't turn out too bad, but I'd like to get a nozzle with a smaller hole and see how that goes. 



I also made a couple of teddy bears yesterday. I don't know what I'll use them for but I only had brown and pink icing so I made the dark brown one first, then I had an idea to mix the pink into the brown for a lighter brown and this turned out well so I also mixed green into the pink for the stem of the flowers. 


I also used a little butter on my hands as I'd been having trouble with the icing being sticky yet dry at the same time. I know I should have used shortening but I didn't have any until today. I made my own sugarpaste (rollout) icing today and my own modelling paste and flower paste. It'll be interesting to see the difference between that and the ready made stuff. Hopefully I will get a new camera in the next month or so, my camera now doesn't like taking photos of my cakes and modelling.


1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Very cute Bec. You are truly amazing, no one would ever know you had six kids in tow. Well done!!