A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Friday, March 6, 2009

Other great news for the day

Someone has asked me to make a cake to celebrate the birth of her great granddaughter. She's my first paying customer. It's so exciting. Making cakes will only be a hobby, but there are only so many people in our family who need them and with Tim's sister cake decorating as well it's shared between us, so this is a good way for me to practice something I'm coming to love doing. She wants a two tiered cake and will be taking it on the plane over the Western Australia. The baby's not due until July so I've got plenty of time to plan it and put it together.

2 comments:

The Vintage Rose said...

WOO HOO! Hey If you lived closer I would get you to help with a wedding cake I have been asked to do for my friend whose engagement cake I did.

Becca said...

That's great! I think I might aspire to do an engagement or wedding cake in a year or two. I'm hoping to do a course next term, though. There's so much I don't know.