A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Review of the last term

Well it's the end of the term and I should probably take a look at what we've done over the last term. Academic wise the kids have only really done Maths and reading regularly. They've all found books that they're getting right into, which is a big step. I haven't had to bug anyone to do their reading. We're just starting to get into Reading Strands for our English, next term it'll be done 3 days a week. Kahlia has finally gotten her Math u See work book, she's been doing Mammoth Math for the last year and a half, which has helped her with her multiplication, but I really wanted her to do Math u See like the boys. I wasn't able to get her workbook second hand so I had to buy it brand new. We have just gotten the Artistic Pursuits curriculum and will be starting that next term. I think I'm more excited about it than the kids, except for possibly Kahlia, who loves everything arty. 

Elijah's cricket team made it to the grand final, but lost that by one run. We were really proud of him, though, he has learned heaps this season. Elijah, Kahlia and Daniel are doing swimming lessons and will continue them next term. Elijah and Kahlia have moved up to the older class and I can see so much improvement in Dan's swimming, he doesn't even use the back bubble before and after class anymore. Kahlia and Daniel still play tennis, although sometimes I think that Kahlia's not into it too much, she seems distracted during the lessons and doesn't seem to be trying too hard.

I received an email with all the homeschool activities in the South Eastern Victorian area but they all seem so far away so I don't know that we'll be doing much more with the homeschoolers, which is a pity because they could use some more activities with homeschoolers. I could use some time spent with other homeschooling mums.

But all in all I'm very pleased with our progress.

1 comment:

The Vintage Rose said...

So glad you are homeschooling your cherubs, just wondering whether you would be able to host a homeschooling event, so that you could have the contact but not have to travel.