A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Monday, September 21, 2009

Latest Cakes and an update


It was my mum's birthday last week and even though we couldn't get over the Western Australia this year I dedicated this cake to her. I entered it into the Doveton Show and won first prize and a high distinction.




This Xbox 360 Halo 3 cake I made for Josiah's 16th birthday a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe I have a 16 year old. It seems like yesterday he was a little kid and now his voice is so deep I can hardly tell the difference between him and Tim talking when I'm in the other room.





I started this blog originally to let family interstate know how we were doing and hopefully to offer advice to interested people about large families and homeschooling, but lately all I seem to post are my cakes. I'll have to start a blog just for them one day.

As an update I am 21 weeks pregnant with our seventh child and it appears to be a girl, from our ultrasound last week. That will make 4 boys and 3 girls. It will be strange having 2 girls in a row. I've been warned about them fighting when they're teenagers, but when I was growing up I would have loved a sister to swap clothes with. My little sisters were too little to do this when I lived at home, though I loved the couple of weeks I was able to when my youngest sister came and stayed with us. Our homeschooling has been sporadic over the last couple of months but we've still been getting through the work and learning lots of stuff, even if it isn't on paper. We've finally registered but I've given up all thoughts of Josiah getting Youth Allowance from Centrelink until next year, when he'll probably go to TAFE to do his VCE. We've been getting to know some other Christian homeschooling families, thanks to my sister in law, who has invited us all to her house once a fortnight, for get togethers. She's such a wonderful, sweet person. I wish I could be more like her. I rarely see her raise her voice to her children. We have a new friend coming over tomorrow. My kids instantly loved these other kids, when they first met, like they are kindred spirits, so I hope they have fun tomorrow.

3 comments:

The Vintage Rose said...

Congratulations on the win! and the new little girl on the way!

Mrs Glenys Hicks said...

Hi Becca! I grew up in Doveton! Congratulations on your win: the cake is lovely....

Blessings, Glenys

Becca said...

Thanks. I had fun doing the cake. I'm glad, though, that I have no more cakes to make until after Christmas.