A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Catching Up

It's been nearly a month since I last posted. We're all doing fine here, enjoying the beautiful weather. Our house has turned into the social place for the local littlies. Every weekend we have a bunch of the local kids turn up on our doorstep wanting to come in and play. A couple of weekends ago I even had six extra kids here. Only 12 more weeks until the baby is due, I'm counting down as I'm sooo uncomfortable, but at least she's turned around now. Over the last 2 -3 months I've been putting on a kilo a week, which I'm not too happy about, but I'm finding that whenever I push myself to do too much I pay for it the next couple of days. I'd rather be safe than sorry so I rely on the kids to do a lot of the cleaning up, they make the mess anyway.

Little Rose is giving me kisses and saying I love you. It's so strange having a child go through the normal milestones of talking after having one who didn't, every new word they say is a miracle. Rose will be catching up to Christian, in the speech department, very soon. After the new year and the baby being born we'll take Christian to another Paediatrician. By then he'll be four and it'll be easier to diagnose any problems. I was very disillusioned with the last paediatrician as I went there regarding Christian's speech delay and all this man wanted to do was discuss any allergies. I expected him to sit down with Christian and maybe look through a book with him to get an understanding of any delays but he asked mostly about allergies, made an appointment for Christian to have an allergy test and another appointment for us to come back and see him. I felt like it was a waste of time, energy and money.

I've been talking to Josiah about what he's going to do next year. We're thinking that he'll go to TAFE and either do his VCE or a certificate course. I need to ask Tim to make an appointment with the careers councillor at TAFE so that Josiah can discuss his options with someone who know the best way to go down his chosen career path. He wants to work with Native animals and we're looking at the Certificate II in Conservation and Management. This seems to focus more on the landcare side of things but can lead to working with injured native animals. Apparently once he's done a certificate course in anything he can get into any other course he wants, if he finds something more suitable. TAFE does have an animal course but it's too far away, especially for a sixteen year old.


2 comments:

The Vintage Rose said...

Bec, It's great to hear your family news. I haven't been blogging much of late. Had hoped to blog at least once a week, but then got very sick and was hardly even able to check emails. Health improving slowly. Much better than a month ago.

Becca said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. I wanted to blog at least once a week too but I just don't get around to doing more than checking my emails and maybe some of the blogs I follow. Only seven weeks to go now until bub is born. I can't wait to have some more energy, even if it does come with less sleep.