A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

No Sew Baby Wrap

Before Rose I was born I spent a lot of time on the internet researching 'babywearing' and the different tools i.e. slings and wraps. I went for a ring sling because you can adjust the size for when you're big from pregnancy to being small after you've lost the weight or extra big for the dads, the other slings are made to measure. I also went for a wrap. These go by different names which I won't mention, but they're basically all the same but with a different brand name. I decided to make my own and this is how.

4 1/2 to 5 metres of stretchy T-shirt material 150 cm wide. I chose the thickest kind which is quite hot in summer, and 5 metres is probably too big for a small person but I wanted a big one in case my husband needed to use it. This material doesn't fray so all you have to do is cut it in half or even thirds lengthwise and maybe sew on something in the middle to help you find the middle and there you have 2 or 3 new baby wraps. I kept one and gave the other one to my sister in law.

Because my wrap is so hot I recently bought some muslin type material, which isn't as stretchy and will need to be sewn as it frays. I haven't had a chance to complete this but i'll let you know how it goes.

www.thebabywearer.com is a great place for wrapping instructions and youtube has many tutorials.

















No comments: