A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Saturday, April 10, 2010

What is a large family?

I've been looking at a web site called Lots of Kids. It's a very interesting read. Which had me remembering when I first had what was considered and abnormal amount of children. I had my 4th child and I felt like the freak that society has labelled us. I was on the lookout for any family with more than 3 children to make me feel that we were not alone.

Now, almost 10 years down that track and 3 kids later I look at our family and it doesn't seem 'big' or strange, or freakish. I feel fulfilled, loved, a part of something bigger (no pun intended). I can't imagine life without any one of our cherubs, it would be a lot duller, we probably wouldn't be any better off financially, I've learned so much about myself these last 5 years, since our decision to continue our family. I like the road I'm walking and I feel normal.


1 comment:

Renata said...

Great post! I think big families are wonderful & you are indeed blessed. We are hoping to continue growing our family as well. I was from a 'large' family & loved every minute of it!
Have a great weekend
Renata :)