A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Friday, May 28, 2010

A time of order

It's so nice going to a church where I can actually understand the message that's being preached and has everyday value to our lives. The church we were going to previously was about breaking stuff of lives and going into the background of things and not much of it was taken directly from the Word and teaching us how to use God's Word in our everyday lives, or at least that's what I got from it. It appears that what I'm going through now is a time of order, not only in my physical life, my home, my family but also in my spiritual life. Taking time out to pray over my family and friends is something I haven't done for a long time and I'd forgotten the importance of speaking out loud what I would like God to do. For so long, when it came to prayer, I've felt disconnected from God, and couldn't find the words I needed but now they just come pouring out and I even want to start getting more involved with church stuff and making a difference in other peoples lives when normally I'm struggling with my own life.

One part of the message on Sunday was that it's like having a chocolate bar. It's harder to share the last part with someone, you've eaten most of it and you're down to the end and then a loved one asks for some and it's really hard to share that last bit. But if you share the first bit it's so much easier. And our life is like that. We try to do it on our own and let God have the last bit and that's the hardest way to do it. We need to let God go first and then we can do the rest.


2 comments:

Rosemary said...

You are so right Bec, and I am so pleased to hear you talk this way. God is just so good and faithful. I have had trouble praying too, but it seems to be getting a lot easier as time goes by. At first I couldn't pray at all because there was too much pain and all I could do was quote the shepherds psalm over and over in my head and cling onto Gods promises with all my might. I love God with all my heart and soul and it is so wonderful to hear that everything is getting back into divine order for you. love you heaps.
Mum (I) xx

Rosemary said...

Very wise words Bec, and very well written.