A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Darling Husband

It was Tim's birthday yesterday and now he's the big 4 0 . Time seems to be going by so quickly now. Just a couple of weeks ago we found out that he has type 2 diabetes, which didn't really surprise anyone, but has kick started him into looking into the science of diabetes and how to beat it through diet. The Doctor Mercola website has been great for this. I've also cleaned out my fridge and it's filled with fresh fruit and vegetables from the market, most are safely tucked away in my Tupperware fridge containers to help them last just that little bit longer. I have to admit I've been a bit lazy with my preparation of fresh veggies over the last little while, especially as at dinner time I nearly always had a baby who wanted my attention, but now that she's a bit bigger she doesn't need my constant attention as much it's easier to cook a decent homemade dinner. I don't buy a lot of pre-made stuff normally but I need to take it that one step further.

Now if only I can get permission from our house owners to put in a veggie garden. I haven't wanted to ask because the husband came to check the carpets about 5 weeks after I had Emily and wasn't too impressed with the state of things. The real estate agent explained that we had just had a baby (she was sleeping, for once, while he was here) and that I had problems with my stomach muscles so I couldn't do a lot. We have invited them to come to the next inspection so they can see that the house is normally taken care of well. I guess that's the problem with moving into a brand new house, while it's been really nice having a house that no-one's lived in before, the owners expect it to look brand new forever.

No comments: