A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Emily is 6 Months Old

Can you believe that 6 months have passed already. Emily is a bright, happy baby. She's nearly crawling already, getting up on her hands and knees to turn around but still moving backwards on her tummy. She's a Mummy's girl and is already starting to throw temper tantrums when someone takes something off her. She still sleeps in bed with me of a night, waking up only for a quick feed before falling asleep again, and sleeps in my room during the day, although now that Rose has decided she doesn't have to have naps during the day I could probably put Emily in the cot in the girls room during the day. I've started Emily on solids, with the hope that it helps settles her tummy and helps her to get settled before midnight but it hasn't so far. She says 'Dad, dad' already, and the occasional 'mum, mum' with lots of babbling as well.

We've had two birthday's in the last week or so. I made Daniel a special Star Wars AT-AT cake for his 10th birthday and am in the middle of making a Left 4 Dead scene for Josiah's 17th birthday. For those geeky people like us it's the house at the end of Blood Harvest hopefully surrounded by zombies and the characters (if I get them done in time).

With spring just under a month away I've been thinking about my garden. With the owners of our house only offering us a 6 month lease I don't feel very secure here so I'm not going to plant up a vegetable garden, I'm just going to use pots and styrofoam containers. I've put some strawberries in the garden but I'll move them into a styrofoam container. A friend has given me some berry canes, mint and lemongrass and I've planted them in pots. I'll keep you updated on how it all goes, plus I've joined an online gardening community called Folia for some planting ideas and support.

Well that's all I have time for. I hope all my blogfriends and family are doing just as well, or better than I am.

No comments: