A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Some changes coming up

One thing I hate about the New Year is that our rent inspection is usually in the second week. In 2010 I was very pregnant and managed to put it off for a few weeks but this year I didn't have that excuse and it was yesterday. We were only offered a 6 month renewal of our lease last year and since then I've feared that the owner was going to turf us out and I was right. We've been given our 90 day notice to vacate the premises. I'm taking it better than I expected but I suspected this was coming. The real estate agent is very happy with us as tenants and is quite happy to have us rent through them again, except that they don't have any properties out this way so she will give us a glowing reference.

So over the next 3 months I'm going to be a bit distracted with looking for a place to live, packing and moving. Hopefully with our glowing reference it won't be as hard to find a place to live as it was before, even though we have another child. To get the house we're in now we offered extra bond but that hasn't turned out so well and we won't be doing it again.

I have 2 little girls birthdays coming up in the next couple of weeks and I can't wait to make their birthday cakes and post some pics.

9/4/2011: I just realised that I haven't updated on the fact that the owners of our house offered us one more six month lease so we're here until the beginning of October now. This will be our last lease and even if the owners decided that they wanted us to stay we would not.

1 comment:

Jen's Busy Days said...

We were trying to move mid last year. Not so easy at all. Don't know if it was because of our family size or our 2 dogs added into the mix. I hope you are able to find something to suit your needs.

Best wishes
Jen in NSW