A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Monday, February 21, 2011

Homeschool and the Matrix

I've been thinking about this analogy a lot lately and thought I'd share it.

School is like the matrix. It's not a real world, it's a world made up by adults to keep children conformed, to make them good little robots that follow the system, oh and to get an education. Most kids will survive in the system but a percentage don't. Most parents have been in the system too and can't see anything else but the system, even to the point where their children are killing themselves. Few aren't entrenched in it and are able to take the red pill, to walk a different path, to 'follow the rabbit hole'.

I'm so glad I was one of the few, that my son did not become one of the ones who felt there was no way out except to take his own life, and that I'm teaching my children a different way of looking at the world.

Over the last 6 or seven years I've been on a journey into the rabbit hole (or maybe it's been my whole life as I've never really conformed and still believed in God the Creator and his Son Jesus who died on the cross for my sins) and I've found out so many untruths that this world has told us, not just about education but our health as well as many other things.

So what are you going to do? Take the blue pill and continue to let society dictate what you should believe and how you should live your life? Or take the red pill and step out of the box and, here's another cliche, take of the rose coloured glasses that were put on your eyes when you were a child.

Some great websites that have helped me over the years are:


If you're in Australia and want some more info on homeschooling Rainbow Divas has a secure online chat room with guest speaker Beverley Paine, who has been homeschooling for 20 years, this afternoon and next Monday afternoon.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

This is a very good analogy Bec. Very well put!