A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Friday, September 16, 2011

So Many Things Happening

I can't believe it's halfway through September already. It's been so mad here in this household. I'm finally over the morning sickness, but still have bouts of it occasionally. We had to be out of our house by the 8th of October so once our tax return came back I pretty much had a full time job looking for a new house. It took 3 months to get accepted for a house 3 years ago with I don't know how many applications I put in. This time I was only looking for a week and a half. I put in a dozen applications on the Monday and before lunch time on Tuesday we had been accepted for one of our favourite houses. We picked up the keys for the new house on the 2nd of September and handed in the keys for our old house on the 12th.

Being nearly 30 weeks pregnant we decided that it would be best to hire cleaners for the old house, thinking they would be able to do a much better job than I or the kids could do, plus they did the yard and the steam cleaning, but we've had nothing but dramas with them. The real estate agent recommended them but also suggested that they needed 2 days to do the cleaning. We think that because they had the 2 days they may have backed off in the urgency and therefore not done a thorough job. On Saturday morning I called the boss and said that it wasn't good enough, which is so unlike me, but we were paying an exorbitant amount of money and I felt in my condition I shouldn't have to go and clean after they'd been there (I did however go and buy 2 bottles of spot cleaner and spot clean the carpets after the steam clean, the carpets looked 100% better). She was very apologetic and sent someone out on Monday morning but he still didn't do a good enough job in the 3 hours he was there so I met the real estate agent at the house on Tuesday morning to explain that I still wasn't happy with the job. She hadn't even walked into the house and was pointing out everything they had missed and once she went through the house rang the boss of the cleaning company who promptly apologised again and said she would personally come out and get the house up to scratch the next day.

So it's the 16th of September now and I've barely started unpacking in the new house. The kids are so whingy because their mum hasn't been around and their toys are still packed. I've been falling asleep right after I get the kids into bed and sleeping right through until they wake up (which beats last week where every day we were up before 6 to get to the old house as soon as possible.).

I've also found out that I'm severely lacking in several important vitamins and minerals. I'm lacking in iron, vitamin D and protein, and I'm also borderline gestational diabetic. So I'm really watching what I eat at the moment, taking extra iron and vitamin D tablets, drinking a protein drink that doesn't have too much sugar and is suitable for pregnant women and not eating sugary things. It's a good thing we don't have many birthdays at the moment, so I'm not making birthday cakes.

My plans at the moment are to get the house in order so that in 3 weeks, when school holidays end, the kids are ready to get going with school work, to get my body up to scratch to deliver a healthy baby and to finally prepare for the baby, which is no easy thing when I have to tackle Mt. Washmore and Mt. Foldmore. I've also been inspired lately to practice decorating cupcakes and to come up with my own cupcake designs, but I won't be eating them :)


2 comments:

Mrs Glenys Hicks said...

Hi Becca, just to let you know that I have added you to my blogroll of Aussie Christian Bloggers. Blessings, Glenys

Jen's Busy Days said...

Congrats on the new baby. I am glad to hear you got a new home fairly quickly. I hate house hunting with a larger than average family.

By the way we are still here where you last left us. We have been here 4.5 years, the longest I have ever lived in one house in my entire life. Feels pretty strange!

Thankfully the owner has kept the rent low ($310/week) which is amazing for my suburb. And we have permission to build garden beds and have chooks which we will get after the school holidays.

Chris is still working at the local high school as laptop support for all the kids' laptops. His contract has even been extended to the end of 2013 so all is good there too.

How is your dh going?

If you don't want to chat here check out my profile. My email address is there.

Best wishes
Jen in NSW