A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Friday, October 28, 2011

Update on Yoghurt

It's been a couple of days now and I've been making yoghurt day and night. The kids LOVE it! Since the first batch I've been taking out 3 tablespoons of the new yoghurt to make the next batch before I put it in the fridge, and adding different flavours to it. I've used honey in one and, because Tim is diabetic I used vanilla and stevia powder in another and they've set fine. So once you've got your first batch of yoghurt made here's what you do:

Take 3 tablespoons of yoghurt and put into the yoghurt maker container, plus 1 and 1/3 cups powdered milk. Add sweetener or other (the one I have setting at the moment is cinnamon and honey) and fill 1/2 way with cold water (I just use water from the tap). Shake well and then fill all the way up and shake again. Fill the yoghurt maker up to the baffle with boiling water and sit the yoghurt container in there. Leave it as long as you would normally, when making yoghurt from the packet.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Honey and cinnamon sounds good - I might have to try that next. Yummo! What other flavours have you tried?