A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Friday, April 25, 2014

Where I'm At Now

Hi again,

It has been a really long time since I written and a lot of things have changed. I guess the important thing is that we have another baby. Number 9 - Faith. She'll be eight months old tomorrow. Life is so busy in this household with 9 children, 5 are 8 years old and under, homeschooling still, church and various other activities.

One thing I hear all the time, when people find out we have 9 children, is how organised I must be. I am in no way a very organised person. Or at least I don't think I am but over the last few months I've been learning to organise and be more organised. I still have a long way to go and I've started writing on my blog again so that I'm a little more accountable and can track my progress.

For the last, oh I don't know, eight years or more I've been telling my husband that I wanted a new, queen sized, bed. We moved up to N.S.W. with the same bed but had to make a quick move back and left most of our furniture up there so we gave our old, double bed away, I was hoping that we would then get a new bed and sadly we didn't, but at least the bed we were given was a queen sized bed. Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against being given things, in fact I feel that it makes our 'footprint' a little less harsh by using second-hand items. Finally, with our last baby, I took the leap and put a whole new bedroom setting on lay-by. After being married for 21 years and having all these children I deserved a 'bedroom makeover'.

Our home seems to be bursting at the seams so lately it seems very important to me to have my bedroom as a sanctuary. I then went to a linen party with the intention of actually buying a decent quilt cover set that I fell in love with, no matter what the price. It just so happens, though, that the one I fell in love with was marked down to about 60% off :) I even splurged a little a bought some throw pillows and euro pillows. A few weeks later I had my own linen party and got matching sheets for a heavily discounted price too. I was going to wait until I had my bedroom setting to use all my new linen but realised that this was a part of my problem. I won't use something unless the circumstances were just right and sometimes those right circumstances don't eventuate. So I made my old bed with my new linen. I loved it and it made me even more determined to get my bedroom setting out of lay-by.

Having linen I love on my bed has had a roll-over effect in that I want my bed made. I love walking into my room and seeing the bed made and the room neat and tidy. Here's a picture of what my new room looks like.



There's still a bit of mess in my room but each month, following Flylady's zones, I am slowly getting rid of the clutter. Also the grey is not normally my 'thing' but I wanted something different from my usual and I'm finding the neutral tones very calming. I look for excuses to go into my bedroom now, rather than shutting the door and hoping the mess will go away, or at least not get worse. I also discovered that it only takes a couple of minutes to make the bed so I put on the song 'Happy' from the movie Despicable Me 2. It's a great start to the day.


No comments: