A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My Faux Filofax, Control Journal, Planner or Whatever You Want To Call It.

Hi again,

I've been a follower of Flylady for a while now but I haven't done anything about it for a few years. Flylady calls me a SHE: Sidetracked Home Executive and I really am. One of the things Flylady recommends is a control journal and at one stage, a few years ago, I really did try to put one together but I guess I wasn't ready for it because I didn't stick to it. A couple of months ago somehow I ended up watching a youtube video on putting together a 'faux filofax', I can't remember exactly which one it was but you could google it, and I was inspired to put together my own. One thing I have always used, over the last few years, was a folder or compendium with notebook paper so I could take notes, write lists etc. I don't know why but a faux filofax seemed the next logical step and maybe it could help me remember my jobs.

The first thing that I needed was a new folder. My old one was bright red, not me at all, and my pretty pink compendium wasn't right for the job. Thankfully I had a spare white one that had a clear pocket for me to add a pretty piece of scrapbooking paper.



I needed some white dividers and then I was set to put my personal touch on it. It's still a work in progress as I find other important things that I need to add to it. When I open it up I have a few stickers and pieces of scrapbooking paper tucked into the plastic pouch inside the cover. I have a binder document wallet for my pens and pencils and some sticky notes. Under that I have an inspirational poster I've laminated and also put up on my fridge. I don't know if anyone else looks at it but it was one of the first things I found that helped me get on track with organising my life.



Next I have my Daily Task sheets. This is the one I've been using. I've taken it in to Gimp and changed the colour to pink. I've also laminated a Weekly Home Blessing Hour checklist and a Routines checklist. These separate my previous days, which are held together with a bulldog clip, from my current day.

Then I have my Weekly Cleaning Schedule. This is still a work in progress but you can find plenty of you google 'Cleaning Schedule'.

Then I have my Monthly Calender.

After that I have my Monthly Meal Plan and my master shopping list.

Then I have my Flylady Zones list. Then my bill and then some blank lined paper.and empty plastic sleeves.

I went ahead and started putting this together and then I remembered that Flylady encourages us to have one. So I went ahead and checked out what she had to say on her website. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had included nearly everything she suggested. I love mine and take it everywhere. I even have a spot in the car just for my Control Journal, so it doesn't go rolling around in the van. I think the reason why it didn't work for me before is that I didn't personalise it, I didn't make it 'Mine' and this time I have. I've decorated it with cute little owl, butterfly and flower stickers and I've colour co-ordinated as much as I can.

No comments: