A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Day 1 update- 40 Days of Raw

I think I'll start this post with a disclaimer: I might have to change the name to 'plant based eating' but I will endeavour to have 80% raw and only 20% cooked. Yesterday was a write-off as it was one of my children's birthday and as I hadn't officially started I decided that I would wait until today. I kind of wished that I hadn't as I had my favourite bread for lunch, Turkish Bread. I felt horrible afterwards, especially after feeling so will having Ginger Overnight Oats for breakfast.

So what did today's menu look like?
Pre-breakfast: hot lemon drink (I've read somewhere it should be warm but as it replaces a cup of tea I like to have my lemon drink hot).
Breakfast: a bowl of home-made muesli with almond milk.
Morning Tea: A fruit smoothie made with almond milk, blueberries, raspberries, a teaspoonful of bee pollen and a heaped teaspoon of ground flax seed.
Lunch: I had a really small salad as I was still full from the morning. Then as we were at the shops and the girls wanted a smoothie I had a mango smoothie from Boost.
Dinner: Parmesan Crusted Eggplant and a wombok salad.
Dessert: a couple of Coconut Butter Buttons and Choc-Mint Cookie Dough Bites

I loved the eggplant but the kids didn't really. One thing I am struggling with is getting the kids on board. They are always turning their noses up at what I make lately and it does get to me. Tonight they 'tasted' the eggplant but only because I promised them ice cream if they did.

So I will change what we're doing to 80% raw 20% cooked plant-based eating.

2 comments:

Bec - Farmers Wife said...

Thanks for sharing we are doing something similar, so will be watching your progress for ideas!

Becca said...

Great! Hopefully I won't get too sidetracked and will remember to keep posting :)