A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Day 17 Update

Well the last week has practically been a write-off! I think I mentioned in the last post that the breast-fed baby was really unhappy and I thought it could be the change in diet but as I had actually implemented most of the changes a few weeks earlier I didn't really see how. Well now I know she must've had a tummy bug and then passed it to me and then to a couple of other kids. I had a really bad stomach ache for about 4 days and felt a little sick and I had 2 of the little girls throwing up and not eating for a few days. I tried to stick to the plan but in the end, being sick and weak, it was just easier to eat what the kids were eating, when I actually felt like eating.

I have tried to stick to the plan and made a yummy vegetarian cabbage roll dish. I just googled vegetarian cabbage rolls and made my own version of a few recipes. I also only had half a cabbage and would be much easier to follow the instructions and use a whole cabbage.

I was tossing up whether to skip the last week and start counting from the day I fell sick but I think that would be making the task become impossible because life always throws some tough times in the way and I don't feel guilty for getting sick and doing what I needed to do to make sure food is on the table. It'll be good to go shopping and get some fresh food today, though.

No comments: