A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Monday, August 11, 2014

Days 3 and 4 Update 80% Raw

Boy was the weekend busy for me. I took the girls to see that latest Tinkerbell movie Saturday morning and then went to the market in the afternoon and got home just in time to 'cook' dinner. I still mostly managed to stick to the whole 'raw' thing. I had my lemon drink in the morning but skipped breakfast and so I had a Boost Weekend Warrior smoothie. It had banana, blueberries, chia seeds, rolled oats and a few other things I can't remember. I don't like movie popcorn very much so it wasn't hard not to eat the girls popcorn. So here's how Saturday went:

Breakfast: Lemon drink then a superfood smoothie
Lunch: Carrot (too busy to eat much and not really hungry anyway) and a slice of Raw Almond Pulp Fudge
Afternoon: I cheated and ate not quite 1/2 Lamb, spinach and ricotta gozleme with my son who came with me to the market.
Dinner: Raw Spaghetti Marinara
Dessert: Another slice or two of the Raw Almond Pulp Fudge

Sunday was just as busy and this time I have to admit that we totally fell into our usual Sunday afternoon groove. Quite often family will come over for lunch, after church and we just have bread rolls with either bbq chicken, ham or bananas.

Breakfast: Lemon drink and Gingerbread Overnight Oats
Morning Tea: Some banana and apples.
Lunch: A bbq chicken roll and a ham roll
Afternoon Tea: a piece of Raw Almond Pulp Fudge
Dinner: A green smoothie made with Kale

I've been really surprised because I haven't really been hungry, even on the busy days where I haven't had a chance to eat much. I've lost almost 3 kilos in under a week (that's not the reason why I'm doing this), I just weighed myself and I'm 66.3 kg. I feel a lot lighter, my tummy is feeling a lot better. I do think Faith has had a bit of a tummy ache because of the change, though. But being nearly 1 I'm starting to feed her more solids so I don't think it's affecting her as much as it would a younger baby. Tim's sugar levels were under 11 yesterday so they are consistently coming down. I'm out of raw snacks so I need to make some today. I find they help me to stay motivated as I've never really gotten excited about main meals but love baking. Maybe I'll make these Lemony Cookie Dough Bites.

1 comment:

Bec - Farmers Wife said...

You are going really well, thanks for sharing.