A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Friday, August 15, 2014

Days 6, 7 and 8 update 40 days 80% raw

Faith has been a bit sooky lately so I find it hard to write anything on the computer. I don't think it's the raw food diet, though, she looks like she's getting some more teeth and her first four teeth were very painful for her so these one probably are too.

Day 6 was extra busy, again, as this time I took some boys to the movies. I ran out of time for breakfast, altogether, and didn't even have time to get a smoothie from Boost. Other than that I ate well for the day. I went shopping on the way home from the movies and scoffed down a banana while I was loading the shopping into the car then when I got home I had another banana and a carrot. I also had two pieces of the almond meal fudge. For afternoon tea I had a couple of the Lemon Larabar bites. Tim wasn't home for dinner so I just ate a simple salad for dinner with a balsamic vinegar dressing.

Day 7 was great until the evening. I had to go and pick Tim and the older boys up and so I didn't get home until nearly 7 o'clock pm. I hadn't prepared anything for dinner and I have to admit I was just too tired to be bothered so we ordered pizza. Normally when I do stuff like that I feel like a failure and find it very easy to slip into old habits and give up for the time being but not this time. I am determined to keep going. Even though it was only day 7 of blogging and keeping track it's actually been close to a month of eating this well and it's been more than 6 months of integrating healthy eating habits into our normal diet so I'm finding it easier to maintain a positive mind space.

Day 8: Back to the new normal
Breakfast: Lemon drink then Raw muesli with almond milk
Morning: a piece of almond meal fudge
Lunch: I wasn't really hungry and I was laying down with a cuddly Faith so she could have a bigger nap than usual, hoping she would stop being so fussy. Didn't work.
Afternoon: went really fast and so I forgot to eat.
Dinner: Raw Pasta Primavera It was delicious except that there was far too much sauce, next time I will probably freeze half of it.
Dessert: 2 pieces of raw fudge.


No comments: