A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Day 30 Update

Sorry it's been so long since I've written an update. It's been really crazy here, even now I have my two year old on my lap and my 1 year old yanking on my arm crying, wanting to be picked up. Each post probably takes me three tries and for some reason when I'm typing they need me.

My babiest girl, Faith, had her first birthday a week and a half ago and is starting to take steps. Last night she took two steps from me to the coffee table to get her eldest sisters dinner.

So time for the update. The last two weeks I have found really hard mainly because of our little one year olds birthday. I had only the little kids on her actual birthday day and so we went to the shop and got some junk food, lollies and chips, and had rubbish for dinner. I didn't stick to the plan at all. And for a whole host of other reasons I didn't manage to stick to the plan for the rest of the week. Then we went to an all you can eat restaurant for her birthday, with family, I'm not paying to eat at an all you can eat restaurant just to eat salad but I didn't eat any bread or dessert. And then this whole last week I cheated and just ate bread for lunch and even pasta for dinner on Tuesday.

So after a week of only partly sticking to the plan I have noticed that I was a lot moodier. I had a great day hanging out with the little kids on Tuesday but then on Wednesday I was so grumpy and every little thing they did that made a mess got to me. Like at the moment Faithy Baby is sitting next to me spreading the magnetic letters all over the kitchen floor and I'm fine with it but last Wednesday it would have really gotten to me. Now she's putting them back in the plastic bags, which wouldn't have happened if I'd lost it. I've also had some stomach aches from the bread and pasta. I feel way less bloated and even though I've only lost around 5 kilos I feel thinner.

Today is day 31 and I'm cooking porridge for breakfast. The kids will have their usual brown sugar and milk, except for Christian who loves blueberries as well. I'll have just blueberries and cinnamon on mine.

Just because I've had a week and a half of not really sticking to the plan does not mean I'll be giving up. I'm coming to really like eating this way and can see myself eating like this after my 40 days are over.


No comments: