A wife of noble character who can find?...She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10, 26 & 28

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Day 40 Update (40 days of raw, plant-based, eating)

Well day 40 was two days ago so I need to post my final update. Today I weighed myself and I have lost around 6 1/2 kilos over the course of 40 days. I feel so much better for making the change and will continue to implement many aspects of eating this way. Of course with 9 kids sometimes life just gets a little too hectic and so I have to not get down on myself if I can't stick to it.

I've had fun trying new recipes, reading new blogs and liking new facebook pages. I don't think I'll ever be a true 'Raw' foodie as I do like hot meals and I like my baked goods too much, but I am using recipes that don't include white flour and refined sugar .

Tim's sugar levels are consistently coming down from eating this way and so we will continue, probably for another month or so. We really want to see them normalise completely without medication at all.

The kids have been pains and so sometimes I've felt like I've been running a restaurant, cooking for them and then preparing our meal. I'm determined to change the way they think about healthy food, though.

All in all it's been a rewarding experience and I would encourage everyone to give it a try, even for just a few days.

No comments: